Do you say Congrats to newlyweds?
“It is traditional to say ‘Congratulations’ to a groom after a wedding, but ‘Best wishes’ to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great ‘catch’, but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.”
How do you address newlyweds?
There’s an easy workaround: Address the envelope with “To the newlyweds,” “To the Mr. and Mrs.,” “To the Mr. and Mr.,” or “To the Mrs. and Mrs.”
How do you bless a newly wed?
“May today be the beginning of a long, happy life together.” “Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.” “Wishing you joy, love, and happiness on your wedding day, and as you begin your new life together.” “Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.”
How do you write a short congratulations message?
Congratulations Messages & Wishes
- Woo Hoo! Good for you! Congrats, Jason!
- Congratulations! Your hard work and perseverance have paid off. So proud of you, Carla!
- Your ambition is so inspiring! Congratulations on your well-deserved success!
What can I say instead of congratulations for engagement?
Engagement Congratulations Messages
- You’re engaged! …
- Congratulations on this exciting time in your lives!
- Well, this is BIG news! …
- I hope your future together is filled with infinite happiness, laughter, and love.
- This is the beginning of your happily ever after. …
- Yass! …
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom.
Which name goes first husband or wife?
Both husband and wife use their first names, with the wife’s name listed first and the husband’s second. It helps to remember the old Southern rule of always keeping the man’s first and last name together. And, of course, last names are always written.
Is Mrs and Mr correct way to write?
You’re right that the traditional address wording is “Mr. and Mrs. John Doe”, only using the husband’s first name. It’s completely appropriate to include the wife’s first name as well — it’s not tacky, it’s gracious.
What is a blessing wedding?
A blessing ceremony is not like your traditional wedding. There is no exchanging of vows or rings. … Some brides prefer to organize the ceremony like a traditional church wedding. They can include hymns, readings and decorations in the chapel if they wish.
What can you say instead of congratulations?
In this page you can discover 28 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for congratulations, like: felicitations, kudos, good work, congrats, way-to-go, good-for-you, compliments, best wishes, nice going, many-happy-returns and hear; bless you.
What is a congratulatory message?
A congratulatory message expresses congratulations. He sent Kim a congratulatory letter.
What do you say in congratulations?
General Congratulations Messages and Words of Congratulation
- “Congratulations to you, and wishing you even more success in the future.”
- “I couldn’t be happier for you, or more proud. …
- “When everyone else said it couldn’t be done, you showed the opposite to be true. …
- “Enjoy the success you have worked so hard to achieve.