How much does it cost to get married in Houston Texas?
You will need to pay $72.00 for a marriage license in Houston, Texas.
How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in Texas?
To get a marriage license in Texas, you will need to pay a fee. The fee is generally $70-81 varying by county. If you go through the State of Texas approved marriage education class as a couple and have a completion certificate, you won’t have to pay the $60 state portion of the fee.
How long does it take to get married in Houston?
So remember to plan to get your license so your ceremony takes place within 3 to 30 days of obtaining your license. When purchasing the license at the county office, no drug or medical records are required, and couples do not need to bring a witness. The marriage ceremony does not have to occur in Texas.
How do you get married at the courthouse in Texas?
- Both parties must appear in person.
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid, government-issued picture identification. Names will be reflected on the marriage license exactly as they appear on the IDs. …
- Must know Social Security number.
- A blood test is NOT required.
Can I get a marriage license online?
You can begin the application process to receive a Marriage License online via “City Clerk Online”. This will speed up the process which then must be completed in person at the Office of the City Clerk. … You must wait a full 24 hours before your Marriage Ceremony can be performed unless you obtain a Judicial Waiver.
Can you get married same day in Texas?
3. Can I get married on the same day I purchase my marriage license? Texas law requires that the marriage ceremony may not be performed during the 72 hours immediately after the marriage license was issued; however, there are certain exceptions to the 72-hour waiting period.
Do I need witnesses to get married in Texas?
Texas: Witnesses are not required by Texas law. Utah: Two (2) witnesses over 18 must also be present at the wedding ceremony.
How can I get married fast in Texas?
How to Get Married in Texas
- Bring your fiancé. Both members of the wedding party must be present when filing the application.
- Bring Identification. …
- Bring Money. …
- Bring Patience: There is a 72 hour mandatory waiting period on all marriage licenses.
What Courthouse Can I get married at in Houston?
Payment must be made at the Public Service Counter, located on the 1st floor of the Herbert W. Gee Municipal Courthouse at 1400 Lubbock Street, Houston, TX 77002. A limited number of weddings are available on Saturday mornings ONLY for a fee $150 between hours of 9:00am – 12:30pm.
How can I apply for court marriage?
- Application form (notice in the form specified) duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
- Documentary evidence of the date of birth of both the parties (matriculation certificate/ passport/ birth certificate)
- Receipt of fees paid with respect to the application form in the District Court.
How long does it take to get a marriage license?
The clerk processes the application and creates the marriage license to send to you. Processing can take two weeks from the date of your application. How long will it take to get a marriage license? Allow at least two weeks from the date of your application.