What do you say to a bride instead of congratulations?
I learned that day that saying “Best Wishes” instead of “Congratulations” to a bride was an old tradition, but didn’t realize HOW old it really was. The Huffington Post sites this tradition dating back to the Victorian era.
Do you say congrats to a bride?
Always, always extend your best wishes to a bride, but feel free to say congratulations to the groom. … “Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal.
What do you say to a new bride?
- Best wishes!
- We’re/I’m so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you fulfillment of every dream!
How do you wish congratulations?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations to you.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.”
- “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So pleased to see you accomplishing great things.”
How do you wish a bride?
Formal Wedding Wishes
- “Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.”
- “Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.”
- “Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.”
- “May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.”
How do you greet a bride?
- “So happy for you.”
- “With warmest wishes for the bride-to-be…”
- “What a busy and exciting time! …
- “Please don’t mind my happy tears. …
- “Wishing you all the best today, on your wedding day, and in your life together.”
- “Blessings to you as you prepare to say I do.”
How do you congratulate someone you don’t like?
An example would be saying something like “Wow, you don’t usually look that great but today you look nice, Josh.” Give them a true compliment or don’t say anything at all. Keep the compliment specific. When you compliment them, avoid being overly vague. Opt instead for being specific and genuine.
What should you not say at a wedding?
Avoid an awkward moment by avoiding these topics at all costs:
- Funny thing is, I actually dated the bride/groom first.
- You know, the third time they broke up, I never ever thought they’d get back together. …
- I am just so drunk right now! …
- Kiss your freedom goodbye!
- Welp, no one ever thought this day would come.
What do you say to the bride and groom?
You can stick with for elegant and traditional wording, like “Warmest congratulations to the bride and groom,” or “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love.” Alternatively, you can go for more casual vibes, like, “So happy for you!” or “Best wishes!”
What is good advice for newlyweds?
First year tips
Celebrate every win as a couple—no matter how big or small! Spending time together is just as important as spending time apart. Inspire each other to be better daily. Always make time for each other.
How much money do I give for a wedding gift?
The average wedding gift amount hovers right around $100, which is a great place to start, and you can increase or decrease that based on how close you are. If you’re very close or related to the couple (and have the wiggle room in your budget), you may choose to spend more—about $150 per guest (or $200 from a couple).