What do you say to bride and groom on wedding day?
- Best wishes!
- We’re/I’m so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you fulfillment of every dream!
Is it bad etiquette to congratulate a bride?
Since Victorian times, etiquette has required that while congratulations are OK for a groom or groom-to-be, it is not proper to offer them to a bride or bride-to-be. … Instead, well-wishers congratulated the groom and offered the bride best wishes on her marriage.
How do you bless a married couple?
“May God bless you and your union.” “May God grant you all of life’s blessings and love’s joys.” “God bless you both on this day with a lifetime of shared love and joy.” “May the One who brought you together bless your marriage, enrich your lives and deepen your love throughout the years.”
How do you congratulate a newly engaged couple?
- Congratulations on your wedding engagement!
- Congratulations to a beautiful couple. …
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom! …
- Congratulations on your new journey together.
- Congratulations on taking this exciting step together.
- Congratulations on finding each other.
Do you say congratulations when a woman gets engaged?
“Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal. To avoid controversy, many people just extend their best wishes to the bride and the groom!”
How do you congratulate someone you don’t like?
An example would be saying something like “Wow, you don’t usually look that great but today you look nice, Josh.” Give them a true compliment or don’t say anything at all. Keep the compliment specific. When you compliment them, avoid being overly vague. Opt instead for being specific and genuine.
What do you say to a woman getting married?
“Happy Marriage” would not stand on its own as a phrase you could use, but you could say “I wish you a happy marriage“, “Congratulations on your wedding (or marriage)” or “Best wishes for your marriage”.