Do you say congratulations when someone gets engaged?
When people congratulate engaged or married couples they’re invoking the second definition of the word, offering best wishes and acknowledging the couple’s happiness. That’s why we’ll always say congrats to happy couples all over the world.
What do you say to someone when they get engaged?
Funny Engagement Wishes
- Wishing you a lifetime of great sex… …
- Congratulations for finally getting the right to officially love and annoy your partner for the rest of your life.
- Engaged is a synonym for busy. …
- I’m so happy for your and your new ring. …
- I’m so glad two weirdos like you found each other.
What can I say instead of congratulations for engagement?
Engagement Congratulations Messages
- You’re engaged! …
- Congratulations on this exciting time in your lives!
- Well, this is BIG news! …
- I hope your future together is filled with infinite happiness, laughter, and love.
- This is the beginning of your happily ever after. …
- Yass! …
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom.
Is it OK to say congratulations to a bride?
Always, always extend your best wishes to a bride, but feel free to say congratulations to the groom. … “Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal.
What do you say to a newly engaged couple?
- “Here’s to your engagement! …
- “Cheers on your engagement!”
- “Here’s to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love.”
- “Cheers to the two of you…and to the love you share!”
- “May your engagement be happy. …
- “A toast to your engagement! …
- “Here’s to the wonderful two of you! …
- “Celebrating your engagement!
What do you do when your child gets engaged?
My Son Just Got Engaged! What Does the Mother of the Groom Do Anyway?
- First thing: Call the bride’s mother. …
- Talk to your son one-on-one.
- Ask your future daughter-in-law about her family.
- Try to meet her family before the rehearsal dinner.
- Decide what you are willing to spend.
- Keep an eye on the future.
How do you wish a newly married couple?
Casual Wedding Wishes
- “Best wishes!”
- “Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “We’re/I’m so happy for you!”
- “Wishing you lots of love and happiness.”
- “We/I love you. Congrats!”
- “Lots of love today and beyond.”
- “Here’s a little something to start your life together.” (If you’re including a gift.)
Is it correct to say congratulations to you both?
The correct way would be to say “to you both.” When using it in a sentence correctly, an example of a grammatically correct sentence would be “Our company approves of your decision and we offer our congratulations to you both.”
How do you congratulate?
Formal Exclamations to Congratulate Someone in English
- Congratulations! You deserve this success.
- Congratulations on your hard work.
- My sincere/heartfelt/warmest congratulations to you.
- I commend you on your accomplishments/success.
- Well done!
- That’s wonderful news.
How do you congratulate someone you don’t like?
An example would be saying something like “Wow, you don’t usually look that great but today you look nice, Josh.” Give them a true compliment or don’t say anything at all. Keep the compliment specific. When you compliment them, avoid being overly vague. Opt instead for being specific and genuine.
Why you don’t say congratulations to the bride?
Saying “congratulations” to a bride-to-be would infer a victory, as if she had conquered something impossible: landing a husband! “Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. … To avoid controversy, many people just extend their best wishes to the bride and the groom!”